You are not allowed to bring drinks or small snacks inside the archaeological sites and museums. You can bring only bottled water with you.
I’m cruise passenger. Where will I meet my tour guide in Santorini?
Santorini is a tendered port.Priority to disembark have guests with booked bus tours from the cruise company. They are tendered to the ATHINIOS port where the big busses can fit. All other individuals with private tour arrangements are tendered to the OLD port located beneath the islands capital Fira. Note, the old port is not accessible to any vehicles and there is a cable car that connects the port with the island’s capital Fira. After the scheduled arrival of your ship please estimate 60-90 minutes until we meet & start the tour, this includes: tendering to the port, potential waiting lines and a cable car ride to the top where we meet. The cable car is near (50m/150ft) the docking point of the tenders and the ride to the top lasts 2 minutes. Your guide will hold a sign with your name at the exit of the cable car station which is at the top
Do I need to bring my confirmation email to the meeting point?
You are not obliged to show your confirmation email at the meeting point, we will have your name on the list and that is sufficient. We do recommend you to carefully study the confirmation email since it has detailed information about the meeting point, starting times and emergency phone numbers.
How will I recognize my ‘’Guide me in Greece’’ tour guide at the meeting point?
Your tour guide is always present at the meeting point 15 minutes prior the starting time. He/she will hold a Guide me in Greece sign, or a sign with your name on it making it easy for you to spot us.
Where is my confirmation email?
You will receive a confirmation email directly upon booking. Please check your spam inbox if you have not received an email.
Why am I having problems booking on your website?
If you are using an old version of the browser Internet Explorer you might have some problems proceeding with your booking. Try to either update your internet browser or try using a different one (i.e. Firefox Mozilla or Chrome). You are always welcome to call or email us and we will be happy to help you finalize the booking.
What is the Cancellation Policy for bookings?
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A participant may change or cancel an agreed service. No penalty will be incurred provided a change in date is made at least 5 days prior to departure and other dates are available.
Except as outlined above our cancellation policy applies to our trips and tours.
- If a participant cancels eight (8) days or more prior to departure, a refund less an administrative and credit card fee 15% will be made.
- Cancellations one week or less prior to departure will result in a charge of 50% of the deposit.
- Cancellations twenty-four (24) hours prior to departure will result in no refund.
- Failing to arrive on the day of the tour will not result in a refund.
- In case of cancellation or disruption due to acts of God, war, terrorism, rebellion, strike or any other causes beyond the participants’ control, they will receive a full refund.
Refunds will be made within thirty (30) days of the cancellation date.
Can we request a different starting time for our tours?
For private tours we are flexible about the starting time. Please consult us before booking if you wish to start another time than the ones proposed on the tour’s webpage.
For small group tours we can start at a different time if your party has 6 people in it. Please contact us prior to your booking.
What about the archaeological sites and museums? I’ve heard that there are long queues there also.
Yes, many times there are. When booking a tour with Guide me in Greece Tours, you will never have to worry about standing in line.
When will I know all of the details regarding the tour I am interested in reserving?
Once you have sent us the completed reservation form (or called one of our representatives), you will receive an email confirmation of your reservation (date, time, total cost, and method of payment). Please check your spam inbox since the email might get stuck there.
I don’t feel comfortable making online reservations. Is there someone I can call or email directly?
Of course! We are available via Skype, Whatsapp, Viber, by telephone, or email. Please feel free to contact us at any time. You can find our contact information on the Contacts page. In addition, you can fill out our question form and we will respond promptly.
Who can have a reduced or free ticket for the archaeological sites and museums?
Free admission days
- 6 March (in memory of Melina Mercouri)
- 18 April (International Monuments Day)
- 18 May (International Museums Day) – The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- 28 October – Every first Sunday from November 1st to March 31st
Reduced admission for:
- Escorting parents on educational visits of primary schools.
- Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union who are over 65 years old, upon presentation of their ID card or passport for verification of their age and country of origin.
- Students of University – Higher Education Institutes, Technological Educational Institutes or equivalent Schools of countries from outside the European Union, upon presentation of their student ID cards
Free admission for:
- Escorting teachers during educational visits of schools and institutions of primary, secondary and tertiary education and of military schools.
- Holders of a free pass
- Holders of a solidarity card
- Holders of a valid unemployment card.
- Journalists upon presentation of their journalist identity card
- Members of Societies and Associations of Friends of Museums and Archaeological Sites, upon presentation of their certified membership card.
- Members of the Chamber of Fine Arts of Greece and equivalent Chambers of member-states of the EU, upon presentation of their membership card
- Members of the ICOM-ICOMOS, upon presentation of their membership card
- Official guests of the Greek State, after approval from the General Directorate of Antiquities and Cultural Heritage.
- Parents of families with three children and their children up to the age of 23 or 24 if they are students and regardless of age if they have disability, upon presentation of a family status certificate issued by the Municipality
- Parents of multi-child families and their children up to the age of 23, up to the age of 25 if they are doing their military service or studying and regardless of age if they have disabilities, upon presentation of a certified multi-child pass from the Supreme Confederation of multi-child parents of Greece (ASPE).
- Persons with disabilities (67 % or over) and one escort, upon presentation of the certification of disability issued by the Ministry of Health or a medical certification from a public hospital, where the disability and the percentage of disability are clearly stated
- Single parent families with minors, upon presentation of a family status certificate issued by the Municipality. In the case of divorced parents, only the parent holding custody of the children
- Students of University – Higher Education Institutes, Technological Educational Institutes, Military Schools or equivalent Schools of EU member states, as well as Schools of Guides, upon presentation of their student identity card
- The employees of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports and the Archaeological Receipts Fund, upon presentation of their service ID card.
- The police officers of the Department of Antiquity Smuggling of the Directorate of Security
- Tourist guides upon presentation of their professional ID card.
- Young people, up to the age of 18, upon presentation of their Identity Card or passport for age confirmation.