Classical Olympia Private Tour
Duration: 2 hours
- Tour the ruins of Olympia with an archeologist & get the inside scoop on ancient life
- Visit the place where the Olympic Flame is ignited every four years for the modern Olympic Games
- Walk in the world’s first stadium and let this place come to life with real stories
- Explore the archaeological museum to see significant artifacts from the site
On this Classical Olympia private tour, our knowledgeable guide will lead you on a fabulous tour of the place. There, the ancient athletes who participated into the ancient Olympic Games lived, trained, made sacrifices to gods and competed against each other. Moreover, learn about the place where the Olympic Flame is ignited every four years for the modern Olympics. Step back in history at the Olympic Stadium, run and follow the footprints of the first athletes. At this point, discover the marble starting line extant up to this day and take a picture of yours on it.
Next, our Classical Olympia private tour continues in the museum. Here visit the timeless treasures of art and artifacts unearthed from the archaeological site. Now prepare to be amazed at Hermes of Praxiteles, the masterpiece of ancient Greek art!
- Guided tour of the archaeological site and the museum
- Local licensed guide and archaeologist ( I will inform you Stavros’ availability)
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- All taxes
The total price for the tour is:
185€ all-inclusive – for 2 people,
the tour is 2 hours.
What’s not Included:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses